Friday, October 18, 2013

Cruise of the Confidence 2013-09-26 to 10-04

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have 3 excuses. One was out of my control and had to do with the problem we have been having acquiring WiFi connections. Second was due to the fact that I had the draft of this particular entry all completed but I kept getting an error message when I tried to post it. Then when I tried to access the draft a few days later the draft had gone into cyber blogger space. As a result I had lost my incentive to rethink and rewrite this entry. And the third is that we have been having just too much fun and I did not get around to it. But I have been conversing with a lot of you by phone so I do not have to feel too guilty.

Sausalito was wonderful.  37*51.58N  122*28.71W
We got caught up on some much needed sleep and then spent the day cleaning up - getting the crust of salt off of the boat and doing laundry. 6 loads later - including all the bedding and our outdoor clothes. We washed the floors, reorganized and regrouped. That was an all day affair.

The next day we played tourists and walked into the main downtown core to check out the ferry schedule to San Francisco - checked out some shops - looked around. I was hoping to find t-shirts from the America's Cup race that went on last week. I thought that I would be able to score some cheap ones as the KiWi's had one. Shows how much we were out of touch because the last we had heard the KiWi's were up 8to1. Then we find out that the American's came back on the last day and won 9-8. Consequently there wasn't much left in the area of souvenirs.Sorry Tim and Paul. I did find one women's long sleeve sailing shirt in white which I did buy for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment