Friday, October 18, 2013

Cruise of the Confidence 2013-09-26 to 10-04

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have 3 reasons. The first is not in my control as we have had a very difficult time obtaining wifi access which is surprising considering the fact that we are in California. I had completed this entry complete with pictures but was unable to publish it - kept getting an error 400 code which I could not find a correction for. Then I turned off the ipad and after a couple of days tried to find my draft and it was gone - into blogger cyberspace - and I just did not have the incentive to recreate everything that I had done. Then I lost my ipad and really lost my incentive. Now I am trying to do this on the computer and the rules for inserting pictures and editing seem to be different from what I just figured out with the ipad. Am I frustrated? Just a little.

But if figured I will send you the written word until I can figure out the picture thing again. So no photos at this time.

Sausalito was wonderful. We got caught up on some much needed sleep and then we spent the day cleaning up - getting the crust of salt off of the boat, doing laundry, reorganizing and regrouping.

Next day we walked into the main part of the town and acted like tourists - checking out the shops and the restaurants. I was hoping to find t-shirts from the America's Cup - thought we could get them cheap as the KiWI's had won. Shows you how out of touch we were. The KIWI's were ahead 8-1 and on the last day the Americans came back and won it 9-8. So their were no t-shirts to be found. Sorry Paul and Tim. The only one I could find was in white and it was a women's so I bought it for myself.

Sausalito has quite an Italian presence - found a great deli and loaded up on all kinds of special things for the pantry - sausage, grilled onions, grilled artichokes,cheeses and olives. Then we went for lunch and \i had one of the best cheeseburgers (in paradise) that I have ever had. David had MahiMahi fish and chips and enjoyed that also.

Then we meandered back to the marina checking out other boats - like we can't get enough of that.

Go to same date "cont'd" on the blog for the continuation of this story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment