Friday, October 18, 2013

Cruise of the Confidence 20`13-09-26 to 10-04 cont'd



Next day we took the ferry over to San Francisco to try our luck at getting baseball tickets. It was the last game of the season - Giants and the Padres - and neither team had any hope of getting into the playoffs - so we figured we would have no problem Wrong! The Giant fans are really dedicated fans. But we did get lucky and managed to score 2 tickets in the section overlooking the bay where all the boats anchor out. Boaters have given a whole new meaning to the practice of tailgate parties!!

It was a great afternoon as both teams played as if they were competing for a pennant. The Giants were down 6-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Barry Zito came in as
 one of the closers and held the Padres to no hits. The fans gave him a standing ovation as it was to be his last game before retirement. Then Buster Posey fired a double in the bottom of the ninth and Pence sent him home. So the Giants ended up winning 7-6.I have been following the \Giants for the last couple of years so it was cool to see some of those players in action.

After the gme we took the trolley down to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf. We did not stay very long as it was just too touristy for us. So we got back on the ferry and returned to Sausalito.

The winds were blowing at gale force the next day so we extended our stay. There was an excellent grocery 10 minutes from the Marina so I provisioned for the next leg. David went to West Marine and bought us a new dinghy which the insurance will cover so the loss was not too painful.

We met a couple from Vancouver on Murova and chatted with them for a bit. Then I went for a walk into town as I was craving ice cream. It is a 45 minute walk into the Italian Ice Cream shop which means there is a 45 minute walk back but it was worth every step. spent the rest if the afternoon just hanging around, catching rays, reading my book and checking emails.

I received emails from Kelly and Pat and Lillian and Brian. It just made my day. As I said to Roz - doing th blog is great and I am quite surprised at how easily the words flow off my fingers. But it does feel like a one way conversation. So I really do appreciate the emails.

David and I are listening to the marine forecast and it looks like we may have a 3 day window that we will take advantage of. The grab bag has been filled with chicken sandwiches and ham and swiss on sour dough - San Francisco sour dough - that is - so we won't starve if it gets too rough.

We went for a little walk to check out some of the funky boat houses. Kelly's mosaics would look wonderful along these docks. There were a few but nothing that even comes close to the fabulous creations that Kelly comes up with.

Now off to bed so we can be ready to leave tomorrow.

I apologize for the lack of pictures at this time. I am doing this blog on the computer instead of the ipad and have to do some rearranging of the picture files before I can insert. But I thought I better get something posted or you will stop reading or think that something dreadful has happened to us.

The adventure continues!!!

W

No comments:

Post a Comment